Bowls, Cups, Spoons FAQ
- Are my POURfect Bowls, Cups, and Spoons microwave and dishwasher safe?
- Yes they are safe in the dishwasher. They are safe in the microwave to re-heat items to 212 F but not "cook" with.
- What is the correct way to hold my POURfect bowl?
- Place the palm of your hand on the bowl under the grip and grasp the grip between your thumb and index finger. Holding this unique bowl this way will distribute the weight of the bowl and ingredients up your arm making it easier to handle heavy ingredients!
- Can I use my Electric Hand Mixer with my POURfect bowls?
- It is safe to use an emersion blender with the bowls however using an electric hand mixer could scratch the bowl.
- Are the measurements on the measuring cup accurate for dry and liquid ingredients?
- The measuring cups are 100% accurate for dry ingredients when leveled off at the top of the cup. POURfect drip-less beakers are 100% accurate for measuring liquid ingredients.
- What is the "leveler" piece used for on the spoons?
- The leveler is used to level off the ingredients that are measured in the spoon to ensure it is 100% accurate.
- Why is my new Scrape-A-Bowl making an awful noise?
- This is what happens when you put non-lubricated rubber on metal. Scrape-A-Bowl is NEVER to be run without liquid ingredients in the bowl (egg, cream, butter, Crisco, etc.)
- Will Scrape-A-Bowl damage my machine?
- POURfect, manufacturer of the Scrape-A-Bowl has had numerous independent lab tests prove that when used correctly the scraper will strain the motor slightly more than using a traditional flat beater; however less than if kneading bread with the dough hook.
- Is it Dishwasher safe?
- Yes, Scrape-A-Bowl is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- My Scrape-A-Bowl is not making even contact with the sides and or bottom of my mixing bowl, is this OK?
- You can use the height adjustment screw on the machine located above the back of the bowl to create a perfect height for your Scrape-A-Bowl and machine.
- Do I need to adjust the mixing time of my recipes?
- Absolutely, start by cutting everything in half! The Scrape-A-Bowl is designed to cut your prep times by folding ingredients rather than stirring, you also will not have to stop and scrape down the side of the bowl. You can use our great POURfect bowls to easily add ingredients while running the mixer on lower speeds to save even more time!
- What types of foods will Scrape-A-Bowl work with?
- Scrape-A-Bowl will work with everything you previously used your flat beater for including: cakes, icings, cookies, soft doughs, batter, and mashed potatoes.
- What if Scrape-A-Bowl does not work in my mixer?
- Scrape-A-Bowl is designed to work with the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer. It is important to note that there are 4 standard sizes of Scrape-A-Bowl and you will need to match the correct size to your machine model. Please see this link to ensure you get the correct model for your machine.
- Why is the head bouncing on my Tilt-Head mixer?
This happens only in the Tilt-Head models when the "beater to bowl" clearance is too low for the locking mechanism. If the head bounces, nothing will happen to the mixer. Turning the height adjustment screw counterclockwise will lock the head fully into place, however; the blades will reduce contact with the bowl.
- Will Whisk-A-Bowl damage my machine?
- No, the whisk is designed to make gentle contact with the sides of the bowl as if you were hand whisking.
- Is it Dishwasher safe?
- Yes, Whisk-A-Bowl is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Do I need to adjust the whisking time of my recipes?
- Absolutely, start by reducing the whisking time by 50% or more! You can use our great POURfect bowls to easily add ingredients while running the mixer on lower speeds to save even more time!
- What types of foods will Whisk-A-Bowl work with?
- Whisk-A-Bowl will work with everything you previously used your whisk attachment for including: egg whites, icings, meringue, frostings, whipped cream, and puddings.
- What if Whisk-A-Bowl does not work in my mixer?
- Whisk-A-Bowl is designed to work with the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer. It is important to note that there are 3 standard sizes of Whisk-A-Bowl and you will need to match the correct size to your machine model. (Model 5060 is for the tilt-head machines, 5064 for the 5Qt Bowl Lift machines, 5066 for the 6qt Bowl Lift machines).
- How do I know if my whisk is adjusted to the correct bowl height of my machine?
- The bottom of the whisk should be approximately 1/8'' from the bottom of mixer bowl.
- Why is the crossbar removable?
- The crossbar is removable for thorough cleaning of the whisk.
- How do I put the crossbar back onto the whisk after cleaning?
Look at the crossbar for the correct placement on the whisk (row 4 or 5). Gently squeeze the tines of the whisk slightly together and count down the rows on the inside of the whisk to the correct row and snap the crossbar firmly in place.